Unless you accept and agree each and every term and condition of this Policy and to be bound by them you must not use our Services or any part thereof, if you use our Services or any part of it. You are deemed to have carefully read and understood this Policy in full and that you accept and agree to it.
We reserve our sole right to update, modify, amend, change, republish or revise this Policy in our sole discretion at any time in future if necessary to suit our requirements. Please be reminded to visit this page periodically to review this Policy from time to time and make sure you understood in full the current version of this Policy.
- Application Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies to all users, including general users, verified merchant and other users.
- Collection of your Personal Information
2.1 When you register your account with this Website or use your account with this Website, you are required to provide personal registration information in accordance with the requirements of this Website, including but not limited to your telephone number, email address, and identity card information.
2.2 When you use the services offered by this Website, or visit this Website, this Website will automatically receive and record the server information of your web browser, including but not limited to the IP address and records on the web pages that you request to access.
2.3 The relevant data collected by this Website in connection with your transactions on this Website, including but not limited to transaction records.
2.4 When you apply for verified merchant with this Website, you may be required to provide your WeChat account, telegram account, proof of revenue and other necessary personal information;
2.5 Other personal information of yours legally obtained by this Website.
- Purpose of our collection of your Personal Information and its use and storage
We collect the Personal Information for certain purposes, including but not limited to the following:
3.1 processing your registration, and providing you with the services offered by this Website ;
3.2 informing you any change of our services;
3.3 Reporting to relevant regulatory departments based on the requirements of the competent authorities in relevant sovereign states or regions;
3.4 When you use Services offered by this Website, this Website will use your information for such legal purposes as identity authentication, customer service, security, fraud monitoring, marketing & promotion, archiving, and backup, or joint promotion of this Website with a third party, so as to ensure the security of the products and services that this Website offers to you;
3.5 Information collection and processing for the purpose of helping this Website design new products and services and improving the existing services offered by this Website;
3.6 In order to enable you to understand the specifics of the Services offered by this Website, you agree to permit this Website to send to you marketing event information, commercial electronic information, and advertising that is related to you in replacement of general-purpose ubiquitous advertising;
3.7 Inviting you to participate in surveys in connection with the services offered by this Website;
3.8 Data analysis relating to cooperation with government agencies, public affairs agencies, associations, etc;
3.9 process biling and collection of any fees;
3.10 For all other legal purposes as well as other purposes authorized by you.
- Protection of your Personal Information
We will provide reasonable and practicable measurements and procedures and steps to safeguard the security of your Personal Information including reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to protect your Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is totally secured. As such, we does not guarantee such measurements will provide protection without risks despite its best endeavor.
Accesses to your Personal Information kept by us are in strict confidence unless approval is granted by the appropriate management of Huobi OTC. Approval granted to relevant personnel is on a “need to know” basis only.
EEA users only
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information and materials are treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. All information and materials you provide to us are stored on our secure servers. Where we transfer our data outside of the EEA, we ensure that adequate safeguards are in place. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal Information out of the EEA.
- Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to the following parties (who may be located or use your Personal Information outside your jurisdiction) provided that the parties ensure your Personal Information are protected by privacy obligations which are equivalent or substantial and/or material equivalent to this Policy:
- Any of our related companies (including our holding companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and companies controlled by, or under the common control with us, employees, representatives, and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries);
- Who is acting jointly with or for and on behalf of Huobi OTC for providing the related Services to you;
- If Huobi OTC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by it about its Customer will be one of the transferred assets.
- Bank, Issuing Company of Credit/Payment Card or other financial institution alike, which is necessary to establish and support any payments being requested or purchased by you;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information to comply with any legal obligations, or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions in this User Agreement and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others. We reserve the right to share current and historical bids, asks, and market prices, opening and closing range prices, high–low prices, trade prices, estimated and actual trade volumes, settlement prices, and other aggregate data and information related to the digital assets traded on this Website.
- Any other legal entity or government department or authority or stock exchange which such disclosure is mandatory or by statute or under contractual obligations or required by law or under a court order or rules of the stock exchange (including domestic and foreign).
Save and except the above, we will not provide your Personal Information to any other third parties unless we obtain your prior express consent. However, your Personal Information in anonymous format may be disclosed, i.e. by disclosing data, it is not possible to identify your identity.
You hereby agree that we may, from time to time, use your Personal Information so provided for us to offer direct marketing communications to you, we may market to you, our, our subsidiaries’/affiliate companies’, our partners’ or third party providers’ products and services.
Owing to global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred or in transit to countries or places outside your jurisdiction that do not have similar protections as your jurisdiction provides. However, use of your information as outlined above will in place to improve security measures and monitoring procedures. By providing your information to us, you hereby consent to these transfers.
- 5. Your rights to your Personal Information kept by us
For all users:
You may access and verify your Personal Information held by Huobi OTC by submitting a written request to
For EEA users:
You have a number of rights to your Personal Information kept by us, and these rights include as follows:
- a right to access, rectify or update your Personal Information which Huobi OTC may hold about you;
- a right to delete your account or erasure any of your personal Information stored, for example, where it is no longer necessary for us to process your Personal Information to fulfill our processing purposes, or where you have exercised your right to object to the processing.
- a right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information where, for example, the information is inaccurate or it is no longer necessary for us to process such information or where you have exercised your right to object to our processing;
- a right to object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances.
- a right to have your data ported to a new service provider if you no longer wish to use the Services.
- A right to lodge a complaint where you believe that we have infringed your rights. In this case, we encourage you to contact us first at [[email protected]] so that we can try to address the issue or dispute informally.
To ensure your above rights, we may request you to provide us with some information to help us confirm your identity, which is necessary to secure that your Personal Information will not be disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Children’s Personal Information
This Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18 and we will request the user to close his or her account and will not allow the user to continue buying or selling digital currencies if the user is found or suspected of being under 18 years of age. We will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please notify us if you know of any individuals under the age of 18 using our Services so we can take actions to prevent access to our Services.
- How to contact with us
Our contact for this Policy will be [ [email protected]]
For EEA customers only:
If you have any issues relating to how we handle your Personal Information, please reach our data protection officer at [[email protected]]